If you are interested in reducing the amount of packaging and leading a more sustainable lifestyle, but you don’t know where to start, then you are in the right place 🙂
Before giving you some tips on how to start with this journey, I want to be clear with something. TAKE IT EASY and do as much as you want or as much as you can. This is a journey, and you don´t need to be 100% zero-waste from day one, not even me that have been trying to live a zero-waste lifestyle am close to that percentage.
But if you are tired of plastic and packaging and you are ready to explore what zero-waste means then these tips will make it a little easier.
- If you have a zero-waste store close to you then bring your own containers (glass jars, plastic containers, papers bags, anything you want) and refill them with the products they have available. If you don’t have a zero-waste store close to you, then try to buy food in cardboard packaging and recycle them.
- Swap to shampoo + balsam bars – these amazon products can help you so much to reduce your plastic waste. The ones that we sell at Vågen are not only plastic-free but also organic and handmade in Sweden. Another advantage is that they are almost equal to 3 liters of product – Imagine how much plastic you can avoid by using them.
- Coffee filters. Did you know that Sweden is one of the highest consumers of coffee in the world? However, imagine all the coffee filters that go to the trash every time we brew some coffee. That is why our reusable coffee filters are SO GOOD! I have had mine since 2 years ago and it still works perfectly.
- Denttabs – tandkrämstabletter: When I started to think about plastic pollution there were 2 main things that really bothered me. The plastic bottles from the shampoo and the plastic tube from the toothpaste. And just imagine, where is all this plastic going? These tablets are so easy to use and can help you to avoid so much waste, besides they are made with natural ingredients that are good for you and that do not contaminate the water.
- Safety razor: Also, a must-have – this of course if you shave. You can use this product your whole life, you just need to change the blade and then, of course, you can recycle it.
Do you have any questions? Do not hesitate to send us an email or DM us on Instagram!